Our staff can assess the needs of inpatients, outpatients, and their families related to the diagnosis of an illness, treatment options, the length of the patient’s stay, the cost of medical care, and how to manage a loved one’s care after he/she is discharged. Let our staff help to minimize the impact of these issues on the patient and family.
|Phone: (208) 934-4433 ext. 1207|
Our staff can identify the need for:
- Help with adjustments to the hospital and illness
- Health education
- Patient or family counseling
- Psychosocial assessment
- Discharge planning
Information and Referral Services
Our staff can assist patients and families with information and referrals to community resources, as well as state and federal programs, including:
- Entitlements (such as food, medical insurance, or cash)
- Mental health services
- Information and arrangements for inpatient, transition (swing bed), or nursing home care
- Referrals to outpatient services
NCMC provides financial assistance to patients based on their income, assets, and needs. We may be able to assist you in obtaining government assistance or low-cost health insurance. We can also work with you to arrange a manageable payment plan.