Federal law requires all drivers of commercial vehicles to receive regular physical exams, known as a DOT Physical (Department of Transportation Medical Examination). These exams are designed to detect a variety of health conditions that can impact a commercial vehicle driver’s ability to drive safely on the road for extended periods of time.
What to know before your DOT Physical exam:
- Bring any required forms including the DOT Medical Examination Report with Driver Information (License), Health History sections completed and a current list of medications you may be taking.
- Our providers can only verify immunizations administered at our clinics or with appropriate documentation.
- A DOT physical should not replace an annual wellness physical.
What to expect at your DOT Physical:
- The Provider will review your medical history, immunizations and perform a simple physical exam, your physical may include a urinalysis (separate cost from DOT Physical).
- The Provider will complete your Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form, provide a summary, a receipt and a Medical Examiner’s Certificate, as appropriate.
- The summary of your visit can be sent to your primary care provider with your permission.
- The exam will take up to 45 minutes.
- Cost for a DOT Physical will be $110.