It is hard to believe that it has been just under a decade since I first stepped foot onto the North Canyon Medical Center campus. During my tenure, we have experienced extraordinary growth, and I am incredibly proud of the work that has been accomplished. As I look back, there is so much to be proud of, but the following successes have a special place in my heart as they changed the face of local healthcare.
- Designation as a CMS 5-Star facility in 2018 and 2019. This defines the quality and customer service NCMC is noted for.
- Our ability to transform an organization into a true clinical force and presence in the Magic Valley that provides exceptional alternatives for health care.
- Our ability to scale and grow services without sacrificing quality of care.
- Introduction of new services lines including,
- Orthopedic Surgery with 2 full-time Orthopedic Surgeons
- General Surgery with 1 full-time General Surgeon
- Dissolution of the Hospital Taxing District, which was overwhelmingly supported by the voters of Gooding County and allowed the hospital to expand our services outside the county lines.
- Opening of off-campus clinics.
- Family Medicine in Buhl
- Orthopedics in Twin Falls, Mountain Home & Buhl
- General Surgery in Twin Falls & Buhl
- Our relationship and affiliation with Mayo Clinic and the access to a level of care to those in our health network that is unheard of in this area.
As I prepare to leave, I know there is continued success on the horizon, and I hope each of you are as proud of your community hospital as I am. What you have at North Canyon Medical Center is exceptional and truly something to be proud of.
I feel blessed to have spent these years at NCMC and will treasure the beautiful friendships I have formed. It is always bittersweet to leave, but I do so with great pride in knowing I leave this organization better than it was when I arrived and in the hands of an incredibly talented Board of Directors, Medical Staff, and Leadership team.